This award was passed on to me by Rachel from Rachel Vs. The Kitchen
1. Put the logo in your blog
2. Write five things you are passionate about apart from blogging
3. Tag 5 people on your lists and let them know you tagged them.
Okay....5 things I'm passionate about:
1. Reading - I read one book a week, sometimes more. I would rather pick up a book then flip on the tv. I also love reading cookbooks - parlays into a passion about food and wine too (but I already had my 5 picked so couldn't add that one).
2. Family/friends - once I decide I like you, I'm really rather passionate about you being in my life. That might sound kind of stalkerish hey?? I guess you could say it more easier...I have 2 best friends and lots of friends/acquaintances....but I would go to the ends of the earth for my family & friends.
3. Orange - yes a colour. When I was 2 (I think) my mom sent my dad and I to the carpet store to pick out a carpet for my bedroom. We came home with the brightest orange carpet you have ever seen (keep in mind it was the 70's). Mom expressed disbelief and dad just said "it was what she wanted". I wear orange, I decorate with orange, my work portfolio is orange.....my wedding dress had orange in it. You get the picture.
4. Work/Cars - I have been in the car industry since I was 16 years old. I was going to be a lawyer...I somehow became an accountant instead and stuck with it. As much as there are days where I want to curl into a ball and drink wine from the bottle with a straw, I still get up happy to be going to work in the morning and my 12 hour days fly by. I don't think I could be in a career where you do the same thing all the time....I like the variety that comes with new vehicles every 9 months or so. And the characters you work with are usually highly amusing!
5. Shoes - yes, I am sure this is supposed to be serious, but shoes. Like orange, they make me happy! I own a lot of them....and my philosophy is...no matter how chubby I may be, my feet are usually the same size. I even use my birthday money from my parents to get a new pair! ;) Which is what I am off to do when I am done here.
The 5 people I would like to pass this on too:
1. David at Confessions of a Car Man
3. Donna at My Tasty Treasures
5. Cate at Sweetnicks
The next award was from Sarah at Delectable Dining.
This award needs 7 personality traits....eek and 7 more bloggers :)
1. Hyper - yep, I have a lot of energy
2. Competitive - I may love you but I will kick your ass at anything we are doing
3. Little bit OCD - this became very evident last week when everyone laughed at my "need" to have my computer icons opened in a specific sequence in order for me to work. If they aren't, I will close everything and start over. Ugh...guess I am.
4. Funny - or at least I'm told I'm funny. Ok, sometimes crude, lewd and inappropriate funny, but still funny. (My 12 year old goddaughter doesn't understand some of my innuendo jokes but knows my tone and takes me to task every time).
5. Shy - many people think the opposite...I come across outgoing, I talk to anyone and everything, but it's a real struggle for me. I'd rather stay home and not talk to anybody (not healthy) so I force myself to socialize and not stress about what other people think.
6. Stubborn - I'm a Taurus through and through. If I think I am right you better have a very convincing argument to make me realize I am not.
7. Controlling - I know that sounds bad, but my job title isn't a Controller for nothing. I will step in and take charge no matter what - and the odd times when I don't want too, people are usually thrown for a loop.
Passed on to:
1. Scate bakes
3. Ginger at Once Upon a Gourmet Gin
4. Melissa at Kitchen Canister
5. Sara at Sara's Kitchen
6. Katherine at Smoky Mountain Cafe
Check out all of these blogs (12 in total)...they all make my day a little bit more enjoyable!