- Something always breaks
- There is always a trip to Home Depot
- Shawn is usually bleeding from some home repair/vehicle repair mishap
- I never get to go out and have fun anymore so I have all the time in the world to make lengthy and involved recipes
This weekend was no different.
- I broke a chunk off the moulding by the front door (shhh don't tell Shawn..he hasn't noticed)
- We're on our way to Home Depot in 20 minutes.
- Shawn's thumb is mangled
- And I made a 4 hour pork sugo for supper
I suppose it's nice knowing that some things never change ;)
Sugo is Italian for sauce or gravy and this recipe from October's edition of Food and Wine magazine got great reviews. It takes about 4 hours to make and let me tell you, what a great sauce recipe. It's a light tasting sauce that has great flavour. It must be good because the neighbor's daughter had her first helping finished almost before the wine was poured for the adults!First brown your pork. The recipe calls for a 3 pound pork shoulder, but I used a pork loin (end cut) instead).
Add your vegetables to the meat to soften.
You can find the recipe HERE.